I’m a straight talker, so please don’t hate me for a harsh, but true statement: when people are falling short of their financial goals, it’s almost always because of their own actions and decisions.
- Putting off investing in your Roth IRA or maximizing your 401k at work (“I need the extra money to fake success for my friends and family”)
- Hating your boss and job, but doing nothing to change your situation (“I’m scared to try something new and the interviewing process for a new job is stressful”)
- Putting off the dream of being self employed (“Where will I get clients from and how do I get started?”)
- Renting your life and not having an ownership mentality (“I really like my low rent payments and driving a flashy car”)
- Taking foolish risks (“They’ll figure out Social Security’s problems by the time I retire”)
THE SECRET TO SUCCESS IS THROUGH DEFERRED GRATIFICATION AND TAKING THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
For more information, visit the show notes at http://www.moneyguy.com/2007/07/are-you-on-the-road-to-wealth-and-independence